So I have not posted in a while....busy quilting, refinishing furniture, and taking care of a sick child and a husband that just had surgery. (not in that order) Child is better, husband is on the mend.
But finally! The three year old class quilt is finished! The silhouettes turned out great and were super easy! Here are the steps:
1. Take a profile picture, against a white or light colored wall
2. Print the picture using black & white ink (draft mode on your printer)
3. Iron heavy duty wonder under (or similar product) to a piece of fabric large enough to hold picture.
4. Using a glue stick or double sided tape attach picture to the paper side of wonder under
5. SLOWLY cut around the picture...you are cutting through the paper, wonder under, and fabric
6. Peel off paper (picture) and wonder under. You should be left with a profile silhouette, fabric on one side, and shiny sticky material on the other
7. Place fabric shiny side down onto the bask fabric and iron! DONE!
8. Do not try to sew through the finished product...it doesn't work, trust me ;)